- I’m pretty sure I’m forgetting someone who tagged me in the 11 Things About Me blog post. I recall tags from Andrea, Christine, and Yoli, but I think I’m forgetting another one or two! I’m feeling a little guilty about it, too. If you’ve tagged me and I can’t seem to remember it, I’m so sorry! Also, I’m totally breaking with the rules and hoping that this post satisfies others’ quest to learn random facts about me.
- My favorite Whitney Houston song is I Wanna Dance With Somebody. It reminds me of dancing around with my girlfriends in college “singing” (ok, screaming) at the top of our lungs. Good times. Also,Whitney’s hair and makeup in the music video are totally awesome.
- I crave meat when I’m running a lot. I generally say I don’t care for meat, but that all goes out the window when I’m running long. I had meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner on Sunday after running 11 miles and it was the best thing ever. Yes, in case you missed it, I like meatloaf.
- I love my job. It’s crazy busy, super challenging, and frustrating at times, but I love it. I’m a health policy wonk. Put the blackberry down, Brigid.
- I have no idea who Channing Tatum is, other than he’s good looking and is all the craze on blogs and pinterest. Someone help me, what should I know him from? I could read his wikipedia entry to figure it out, but it doesn’t seem worth it at this exact moment.
- I’ve been married 18 months, and still haven’t put together a photo album. I have a disk with hundreds of photos, and I really should put together a photo album, but I haven’t. Does someone want to do this for me?
- I haven’t read The Hunger Games. In the name of, things I haven’t yet done, but should… add this to my lengthening list. Oh, and watch Downton Abbey. I hear that’s good too.
- I bawled at the movie theater while watching Titanic back in the day and totally embarrassed my sister. I couldn’t help it. I’m a total sap.
- I’m totally fascinated by our NBC local news team. I’d like to invite Vance, Dan, Doug, Doreen and Chuck to dinner. Mainly Vance. He’s awesome. My husband thinks it’s a little weird, but I feel like they’re my friends. I was a little sad that Lindsay Czarniak and Craig Melvin moved on, but I’m glad they are now happily married. I knew it!
- I really, really love ice cream. No real explanation here, but it’s true. I so enjoyed the homemade Bailey’s ice cream at our Valentine’s Day dinner at the Irish Inn at Glen Echo tonight.
- I don’t really want to try spinning. I know I’ve been saying I should, and made promises that I would, but honestly, I don’t really want to. Is that bad? It doesn’t really appeal to me, the whole riding my butt of indoors thing. Should I just suck it up and try it? Or should I cut myself some slack and realize it’s not worth feeling a little guilty over?
OK, there you have it. My 11 things. True confession style. Judge away!
QOTD: What’s on your list of things you should do but haven’t yet?
If you’re looking for even more random tidbits about my life: check out 7 Facts About Me. This was the result of a previous Tag- Your It! blogging exercise. I think this earlier list is more interesting than today’s ramblings, but maybe that’s just me.