I’m celebrating Valentine’s Day #RunChat Style.
My Ode to Running
Running I love…
- … your consistency. You are always there, just as I remembered you.
- … that you provide my sanity and spirit just what it needs. Sometimes long, easy miles; sometimes lung-busting speed.
- … your forgiveness. You never give up on me if I have a bad day or a rough week.
- … that you encourage me to be silly. To wear funny costumes, to get covered in mud, to wake up at 3:30am to go race.
- … the high that you provide. You remind me that I am alive! I am fit! I am awesome!
- … that you permit me to indulge. If not for you, I may have to forgo that tasty ice cream cone or juicy hamburger.
- … that you come with such awesome gear. Bright shoes, sparkle skirts, compression tights. It’s all good.
- … that you give my husband and me “our time”. Our time, just the two of us, out on the road in our running shoes.
- … that you are always introducing me to new places. I love when you join me on my travels. I see so much more of the world because I’m always running through it.
- … your unspoken challenge. I can go farther. I can go faster. I can be just a little bit better than yesterday.
QOTD: What do you love most about running?