Greetings! This post is late this morning due to a late night involving a cancelled flight. I don’t know how frequent business travellers do it! Here’s this week’s Friday 5 of things I’m loving/grateful for right now.
1. My Bed. I got home at close to 11pm last night, and have never been more happy to be in my own bed. My bed is warm and cozy. My pillow, my down comforter, my pups. My hotel was nice, but I didn’t sleep well. Worried about oversleeping, I guess.
2. KIND Fruit & Nut Bar. I was stranded at O’Hare over dinner and knew I needed to eat something or I’d be really cranky. I didn’t want the typical fast food options though. I was happy to see KIND almond and apricot bars. It’s made from ingredients I actually understand: almonds, coconut, apricots, honey. Best of all, it tastes DELICIOUS. I’m definitely going to see where I can pick up a box of these. I checked out the website, and it looks like they make a lot of awesome flavors.
3. Swimming. I added swimming to my routine this week and am going to pool session number two this evening. Swimming is a great cross training activity for running. It’s low impact, and great cardio and breath control. Plus, it really helps tone the arms. I’m looking forward to fitting in a couple pool sessions a week into my training regime.
4. Intelligent reading. While on my flights, I made great progress with The China Study. It’s making me really think about what I consume and the effects it has on my body. While I’m not jumping on the vegan bandwagon just yet, I am recognizing how much better I feel when I refrain from meat and processed foods. Bring on the veggies and whole grains!
5. New Mexico! My husband and I decided that our holiday gifts for each other are going to be a trip to Santa Fe with friends in the beginning of January. Hooray! Since New Mexico is a new state for me, it will be another step towards achieving my 30 Before 30! I’ll have visited 27 states. Any advice on what to do in Santa Fe? I’m thinking some hiking and running for sure
QOTD: How many states have YOU visited?